Sex Toy Reverse Engineering Update
It's been a while since I've talked about what we're doing on the reverse engineering side of things. Short answer is, a LOT! Otherwise I wouldn't be asking for money.
Almost all of the reverse engineering happening now is in preparation for getting v0.1 of Buttplug out the door. What that release will actually look like is anyone's guess, but the more toys we have documented and reversed, the better. I'll usually be covering reverse engineering and software development work over on the Buttplug.io blog and leaving this blog for featuring news, business, and other people's projects (with buttplug update posts every so often), but I'm taking this opportunity to update both places since I haven't written anything about my own work in a while.
First off, all of our documentation and code repos are still at
I'm also trying to keep hardware information up-to-date and available on the buttplug.io website. Keep an eye on the hardware menu, and I'll probably add a "Recently Updated" section to the front of the site soon.
Anyways, onto the libraries!
The Kiiroo and Lovense libraries have been getting the most love lately, but I'm slowly working my way through documenting as much as possible now before writing any more code.
- Documentation of Kiiroo's devices, bluetooth protocol, and REST API for their "desktop platform" software is at http://metafetish.github.io/miiyoo-docs, repo at http://github.com/metafetish/miiyoo-docs.
Repos for the Lovense line of toys, including the Max, Nora, Hush, and Lush.
- Documentation of Lovense's devices and bluetooth protocols are at http://metafetish.github.com/lovesense-docs
Repos for the Minna KGoal bluetooth kegel exerciser
- Python proof of concept at http://github.com/metafetish/kgoal-py
- Documentation and more code coming soon!
Repos for the Wevibe line of products.
- Very basic documentation at http://github.com/metafetish/wejibe-py
Buttshock (Estim Reverse Engineering)
- There's so many repos for this now that I'm just going to point to the buttplug.io hardware page for the ET-312.
The above toys are things that are still in production. We've still got repos for the Real Touch, Rez Trancevibe, VStroker, and Virtual Hole.
There's new toys to be working on, too! This includes:
I'm hoping the patreon will fund some of these, because this hobby is getting expensive lately.
The biggest problem right now is when I get to coding, I forget to write updates about what I'm doing, so the only people aware of updates are those that follow me on github. As I'm not sure anyone actively reads their github status timeline, I'm hoping having a dedicated blog for those topics on buttplug.io will help. It could also just end up being yet another blog I don't update. Time will tell, I suppose.